Download Art Show Entry Form
Download T-Shirt Contest Entry Form
All Parade entrants who are artists, crafters and Porsche aficionados are invited to participate in the Art Show at the Salt Lake City Parade. The following competition categories will be open to entrants age 16 and above, amateur or professional:
- Classic Photography – Film and Digital
- Enhanced Photography – Film and Digital
- Computer Generated Art
- Fiber Arts
Please note that the categories are subject to change depending on the numbers and types of entrants.
The entries of children ages 15 and under will be displayed and judged as a group.
Qualified judges will select winners in various categories and for the Best of Show award. A People's Choice trophy will be awarded to the entrant selected by PCA members attending the Art Show.
- Entrants must be current PCA members, affiliates or family members, and must be Salt Lake City Parade registrants.
- All art work must have express Porsche content, otherwise it will be disqualified. Each artist may enter up to two (2) pieces in each category. If you have multiple entries, you must submit separate entry forms for each artwork entered.
- Artists must correctly classify themselves as amateur or professional (having sold or offered for sale their artwork within the past three years). The children's category is open to ages 15 and under. Improper classification will risk disqualification.
- Entries must be handcrafted (no kits) properly framed, mounted or otherwise prepared for display and signed by the artist named on the entry. Model cars can only be entered in the crafts category and only as a minor part of a larger artwork such as a diorama. Dioramas will compete in the crafts categories. Entries in the competition categories must be entirely the work of the artist, not based on images provided by others, and not directed or assisted by an instructor or other person.
- Entries must include an information label containing the artist's name, title of piece, medium, and price in US. Dollars (if the piece is for sale).
- Artwork that has previously won at a Porsche Parade Art Show is not eligible for entry.
- Artwork may be displayed for sale. Sales transactions are strictly between the artist and prospective buyer. There will be no commission applied by PCA for these transactions. Art for sale must remain in the show until the scheduled pick-up date after the show closes. Art must be picked by the entrant. Items selling during the show may be marked as sold.
- Entries will be hand delivered to the show and picked up by the entrant at the close of the show during the designated pick up period.
- We strongly suggest that art entered in the art show remain on display the entire period of the show. If you don't intend to remain at the Parade until the end of the art show please arrange with the art show staff to allow you to designate another Parade entrant to pick up your art work at the end of the art show.
- Security will be provided during the show, but the Parade Committee and PCA accept no responsibility for loss or damage and no insurance is provided.
- The Art Show committee will have final determination on the interpretation of the rules pertaining to this event and reserves the right to reject or disqualify any entry that does not comply with these rules.
- It is anticipated that artwork will be displayed and judged in the categories listed. However the Art Show Committee may revise categories at the time of the show depending upon the actual entries.
Amateur or Professional
In PCA we are fortunate to have many Parade attendees who are professionals either by virtue of training and/or occupation or those who are able to find a market for their art. It is a long established policy of PCA to provide as great an opportunity as possible for Parade entrants to have a place to compete in the Art Show. For this reason, we provide a competitive group for both professional as well as amateur artists.
Criteria for Selecting the Professional Group – If you have sold your art in the past three years, if you have an education preparing you for producing art, if you have a career in an art capacity or if you have art related items for sale in the Parade Goodie Store, you belong in the Professional Group.
The Parade Art Show provides three categories for photography and computer art competition. Each of these categories are described below to help an entrant correctly place their art in the proper category.
Classic Photography – This category includes original camera exposures on film and digital media. Scanned film media into digital files can be used. This category allows basic image manipulation such as cropping, contrast adjustment, brightness adjustment and spotting as well as the selection of image printing papers. No major elements of the original exposure can be removed and elements cannot be added to the image. Creative filters available in image manipulation software cannot be used. The produced image must represent camera generated photographic art.
Enhanced Photography – This category includes original exposures on film and digital media. Scanned film media into digital files can be used. This category allows the use of the manipulation tools of the Classic Photographic category. In addition photographers can use the creative techniques available in common image software programs for adding elements, removing elements of the original exposure and making major changes to lighting, colors and other software generated effects. The image entered in this category must represent camera generated photographic art.
Entries in the above two categories will be reviewed by the Art Show staff for compliance to the category requirements based on the art submitted. An entrant has the option to bring along to the parade their original camera exposure to show the staff should a question arise.
Computer Generated Art
This category may include any of the techniques of the two photography categories without limits and may include any digital or art techniques. Entrants are not required to use original camera exposures or photographic images.